Thursday, June 28, 2012

I've been wondering; if we give our two cents, and people give us a penny for our thoughts... where is the extra penny going? I've got it! I believe that's what I'll call this....
Well, tonight I was thinking about so many things from the fact that my neighbor apparently hasn't paid attention to his calendar (it's the 6th now, Einstein, cut out the fireworks!!!) to all the "things I am so thankful for". It occurred to me that not one of the things that I am thankful for, are, well, "things".
I am so thankful for my mom who never gave up on us all those times I'm sure she thought she could probably get a shiny nickel for us if she really tried. I am thankful for Sunday lunches at her house w/the fam and all the grandogs. I am thankful for my sisters and my niece... where would I be without you? My children, of course came to mind first... MA's big beautiful eyes and how sweetly she says "good morning" each morning. The way L measures himself to me every single day to see if he's outgrown me yet (almost!), and how he watches over me like it's his job (it's not, but he thinks he's supposed to). Greg and how he mowed my yard so I wouldn't have to and we could go out earlier that evening.... My BFF's (you know who you are).... my FB friends who send me kind notes of how they appreciate what I have to say.
There are so many other people and situations for which I am so grateful and again... I kind of chuckled to myself tonight when I was making my mental list (you should do the same; it's very therapeutic) when I realized, not one of them was a "thing"... they are the wonderful people who bless my life daily....
So thank you… for blessing me and our lives. I’ll keep the extra penny and see if I can buy another deep thought!
Regards,
Becky

Originally posted July 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 - Not All Hindsight

           Whew! It’s now 2021 and we can officially kick 2020 to the curb until the third week of the month where it will be picked up by o...